Caring for your jewelry ensures that it will last for years to come. It is our aim to create pieces that can be passed down by generations, which is only achievable through proper care and attention.
Make it last a lifetime.
General Guide to Jewelry Care
- Being careful goes a long way. Constantly dropping, banging, or catching the piece will weaken it over time. Be especially aware of your fingers when wearing rings, and remove them for any intense activity such as cleaning, gardening, or exercising.
- Habitual cleaning will remove skin oils, dirt, and other surface residue that has stuck to your jewelry. We recommend using a soft cloth or toothbrush, dipped in warm soapy water and gently scrub the metal. Commercial jewelry cleaning solutions can be harsh and should be used sparingly or avoided entirely with stone jewelry.
- Store your jewelry in a safe and organized space. Constant tangling of chains can weaken the links, and diamonds can scratch other stones if they are kept closely together. Make sure your natural stones are stored somewhere cool, dry, and shaded.
Stone Jewelry Tips and Tricks
- While cleaning a ring, be sure to scrub underneath the stone's setting; dirt and oils build up heavily in this area.
- The crystalline surface of druzy stones can be cleaned with a very soft dry toothbrush; we have found this is the best way to remove dust and dirt.
- Natural stones will each have a different level of durability. Diamonds, sapphires, and rubies are the hardest and will resist scratching and chipping the best. Opals and pearls are some of the softest gemstones, so use extra care with them and avoid any trauma.
-Keep opals and turquoise away from prolonged sunlight or high heat to avoid damage.
Hints for All Metal Jewelry
- It is safe to use traditional silver or gold cleaner on these pieces, unless your piece contains dark oxidized silver.
- Oxidized silver is not a permanent treatment, so it will fade over time and reveal the shiny silver beneath. It fades differently on every person depending on body chemistry, so you may notice a difference within a few weeks, months, or years down the line.
- Our hug hoops are a simple and versatile piece, but since they are not a closed circle, it's essential to wear the earring backs that come with them. Contact us if you need more!